Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wine Tasting – Samos Sweet White Wine

Name: NV Kourtaki Muscat of Samos Sweet White Wine
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: Agean Islands, Samos, Greece
Country: Greece
Year: n/a
Price: $14.99

Winery Review: This bright amber wine offers a nose featuring honey aromas, accented by orange rind and lemon. The palate echoes the notes of the nose, incorporating them into a lingering finish. Recommended to serve on its own, or paired with desserts or fruit. Should be served chilled (snooth.com).

My Review: This wine smells like pears or apples soaked in rubbing alcohol…I actually liked it. I got hints of orange and lemon citrus, sort-of like those childhood cough syrups you would fake being sick just to drink (Triaminic…I’m looking at you).

With food?: I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment