Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wine Tasting – Chateau Morrisette Chambourcin

Name: Chateau Morrisette Chambourcin 2011
Variety: 100% Chambourcin
Region: Blue Ridge Mountains, SW Virginia, USA
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $17.99

Winery Review: This Chambourcin immediately captivates the senses with rich aromas of plum, blackberry, raspberry, and spices. On the palate, it displays notes of blueberry and blackberry, accentuated by a bright acidity and a clean, soft finish.

My Review: This wine had a light ruby color. My initial assumption was that the wine was lighter-bodied. On the nose, the wine gave off hints of pear, plums, red raspberries and blackberries. Initially, bursts of citrus translated through the wine and I tasted concord grape jelly. I found this red wine sweet with a long, soft, tannic finish.

With food?: I tasted this wine with a bowl of Chicken Pho.

No comments:

Post a Comment