Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wine Tasting – Eco.Love Riesling

Name: Eco.Love Riesling 2009
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: Marlborough, South Island, N.Z.
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $18 à $7.95

Winery Review: Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other. These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. eco.love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food Pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy.

My Review: This wine was a surprise. The Rieslings I’ve had have always seemed to have a bright, citrus-y aroma and taste. This Riesling was smoky and sort-of sensual.  I found that this wine was well-translated from nose to palate. The prominent ginger flavor was complimented with peaches and smoke. Violets and a signature petrol profile were also featured. I bought this wine just to try it again.

With food?: I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment