Friday, March 28, 2014

Wine Tasting – Peter Lehmann Chardonnay

Name: Peter Lehmann Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Barossa Valley, South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $20 à$9.95

Winery Review: The 2010 Chardonnay presents subtle notes of spice apple slices and ripe peaches with hints of freshly baked break and melon. Light bodied, clean and refreshingly crisp in the mouth, it offers just enough apple and pear flavor concentration, finishing with medium-long persistence. Drink it now to 2014.

My Review: This wine was surprisingly dry and crisp. On the nose, I detected hints of cinnamon, apple, pear and apricot. Melon peel and dust came through on the mid-palate. Those flavors were complemented with a few oaky characteristics: smoke and vanilla. This wine was pleasant, but I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to drink it again.

With food?: I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment