Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wine Tasting – Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pino Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Northeast Italy, Venezia, Italy
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review: I really enjoyed this wine! The first thing I noticed was the color. It is a sort-of vibrant, almost colorless wine with some emerald tones. The flavor was very light. It has a very bright floral-y fruit-y aroma. The initial texture of the wine is crisp, a little dry. This wine finished clean and doesn’t linger. I found the wine to be somewhat tropical in flavor; the banana flavor stood out for me, while the nutty, almond flavor was very subdued.

With food?: I tried this wine with no food, but I suppose it would be delicious with light seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment