Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wine Tasting – Rosemount Estate Moscato

Name:  Rosemount Estate Moscato
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $12 à $3.95

Winery Review: Clear, medium-lemon yellow in appearance; lovely citrus and honeysuckle aromas with lemon, honeysuckle, apple and ripe yellow plum flavors. Serve chilled with angel food cake or fresh fruit and mild cheeses.

My Review: This was a very pleasant drinkable wine. On the nose, I could smell grass, peaches and honey. It smelled like a fruit soda. On the palate, it felt as if CO2 were charged through the bottle. I loved the plum and acid in this wine. I detected lime and lemon paired with honey and flowers. I don’t know if this wine is fizzy, but it felt very crisp and clean, palate-cleansing. I really liked this wine. And $3.95? What a steal!

With food?: I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment