Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wine Tasting – Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

Name: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: 100% Gamay
Region: Beaujolais, France (just south of Burgundy)
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $15 à $7.95

Winery Review: An aromatic red, with floral and white peach notes accenting the black raspberry and plum flavors. This is open-knit and fresh, offering light tannins on the finish. – Wine Spectator

My Review: This red wine was a surprise! The beautiful ruby red of this wine was complimented by the effervescent nose. The aroma of this wine was reminiscent of a strawberry-banana milkshake. I got hints of peach, pear, apricot, raspberry, strawberry and banana on the palate. This was a very fruity red, almost tropical. The young grapes in this wine seemed hyper, almost bouncing flavor off the walls of my mouth. This wine finished pleasantly tannic and acidic. I enjoyed this one.

With food?: I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment